Can you believe there are people who never saw “Hocus Pocus?” Because for us who have we know “Hocus Pocus” is one of the best films of all time and the single best Halloween film EVER.
Back in 1993, Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy brought Winifred, Sarah, and Mary, also known as the Sanderson sisters, to life in the classic film about three witches raised from the dead by a teenage boy Max (Omri Katz), his younger sister Dani (Thora Birch), and Max’s crush Allison (Vinessa Shaw). Together with the help of an immortal black cat, Binx, Thackery Binx (Sean Murray), the team must save the children of Salem, Massachusetts from meeting their demise at the hands of the Sanderson sisters.
This family/comedy has everything you could ever want in a Halloween film, but if you’re still not convinced allow me to give you 13 Reasons Why “Hocus Pocus” Is The Best Halloween Movie EVER part of 13 Days of Glamberween.
Because we’ve all been that level pissed and needed to form a calming circle
2. Because this is the illest chant of all time. 10 points if you know it
3. Because Dani gave us a new word for boobs
4. Because as we grew older we threw on whatever and made it a costume just like Max
5. Because Max and Dani were sibling goals AF
6. Because you sung along with Sarah on a broomstick pretending you were flying. Oh was that just me?
7. Because Sarah Sanderson was your spirit animal without saying too much
8. See what I mean
9. Because a movie isn’t truly great unless the characters say the title of the film in the movie
10. Because you crushed on Binx so hard and this scene broke your heart
11. Because Winnie taught you how to slay sass with just one look
12. Because when you’re ready to run rapid you always use
13. And last, but not least, Because this performance of “I Put A Spell On You” is cinematic gold. Just check out how the “Dadcula” gets down at 2:25 mark.
What are some of your favorite moments from “Hocus Pocus?” Share your thoughts in the comments.
Follow Glambergirlblog.com on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram @Glambergirlblog